Re: A "HUH" phone call

"Crash Gordon" wrote:

> IF they're going to sign a monitoring contract, the first hour of service is
> free upon fire-up (if we've service the system in the past 3 years) -
> sometimes I'm nice and extend that offer beyond but I don't tell them that
> till Im on site.

Whenever we contacted or were contacted by a new owner of a home with one of
our alarms in it, I would offer a free visit to teach the use of the alarm.
The first thing I always did was ask what codes they want to use, replace the
old ones and disable monitoring.  Then I would teach the use of the system,
sell a new battery if needed and offer monitoring service.  If they went with
the service the battery was free.  Either way, no charge for the visit.  That
way I could always be certain that both of our receiver numbers were out of
the panel in case they went with another company later.  Far too many times
we'd find that some moron "tech" would go out and program only the first
receiver number, leaving our backup number active.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics