Re: triggering multiple devices

"Christopher Glaeser" wrote:

> When the output of a sensor (e.g. motion PIR) is used to
> trigger more than one device (e.g. two video cameras
> and an alarm system) what is the recommended approach
> to triggering multiple devices?

There are several ways to accomplish this.  As others have already stated, you
could use a multi-pole relay or an array of diodes to trigger the various
devices.  Another method is to wire the sensor directly to your alarm control
panel and use programmable outputs on the panel to trigger cameras, etc.  Some
Napco panels can have as many as 64 relay outputs triggered from one or more
inputs, as well as various events such as an alarm or someone arming or
disarming the system.  Relays can also be programmed to transfer at specific
times, days of the week, dates of the month, etc.

I mention Napco because that's the brand I've worked with the most but there
are other brands with similar features.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass