Re: ISC East

On Oct 29, 1:40=A0am, Jim <alarmi...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Oct 28, 1:31 am, Spellcheck Patrol <alarminst...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Anyone here attending ISC East?
>
> Been there and back. <

Oh no so you saw me in a suit? Holy crap there goes my reputation for
being a swell dresser

> Nothing much. Getting smaller and smaller each year. I used to go for
> three days in order to "see" it all including seminars, etc.<

I'm back again tomorrow morning because I have a few meetings but
there really wasn't much of anything that impressed me so far.

> Too much CCTV and not enough new hardware from the manufacturers. Too
> much info, talks, products relating to large structures and National
> security also. Too much for me .... that is. <

What the hell was with the China and Korea sections?

> Got to the ISC at noon and left a 4:00PM and saw it all. =A0Went to
> dinner at the rotating restaurant at the top of the Marriott and saw
> "Wicked" which was a lot better than the ISC. <

I arrived at 10:00 and left at 5:30. It was good to see old friends
again but the show is becoming a disgrace, and the Javits merchants
are insane. Four bucks for a 20oz soda?

> Went to Las Vegas last year and it was great. Also spent the most I've
> ever spent on a dinner, at the Eiffel Tower. <

If I'm going to travel to Vegas it won't be to see an alarm expo.