Re: UL864

"Bob La Londe" wrote:

> I like the Gem panels better than the MA panels myself.  I really like the
> X255, and I am looking forward to the new commercial fire/burg panel.

Same here.  The Gemini series are excellent for any type of residential and
many commercial systems.  They have excellent feature sets.  However, for a
small to medium size burg / commercial fire alarm the MA3000 is a great tool.

Did you take the Napco seminar when they came out with that panel?  It was
about 2 days, mostly studying the software which was a horrid DOS app at the
time.  The new version is so much easier I can walk an end user through a
P3200 system in about 20-30 minutes over the phone.

Bout the only thing that consistently trips up first time DIYers on their
panels is the wiring for zones 7 & 8 and the two 2WF/BURG jumpers.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics