Re: Foiling ?? 2 all

"bigolebill" wrote:

> I'm in L.A. Ca.

Oh.  I worked in CT for 24 years -- ran a small alarm company.  It was a lot
of fun.

> I worked at two companies. the first one was "Standard" alarm after
> Honeywell bought them, I went to a family company call "U.S." alarm.

Hmm.  I didn't realise Honeywell owned installing companies.  They weren't in
my area at least.

> I worked from 18 until I turned 35 years old.  Then I went to work for the
> city, and I'm thinking of retirement. Just thought I might find a part time
> job at some security company. Gotta have something to do :)

During the last 2 or 3 years I was in Connecticut I started an online store.
The intent was to sell a few components online to add to my buying power.  I
figured I'd get a better cost of goods sold if I was ordering more hardware.
To my surprise the online business took off.  Within a short time it was
grossing more than my brick and mortar business.  When I moved to Florida,
instead of starting all over I just concentrated on the web business.  That's
worked out fairly well for me.  I'm now semi-retired.  I'll never go back to
installing -- too old and to tired to do that any more.

If you ever thought about doing something online, take a look at my website.
It's just one example of an online alarm store.  There are others that are
more profitable but not that many.  Anyway, it's a fun way to parlay your
alarm experience into a source of income without climbing around in people's
attics any more.  :^)

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass