Re: Uh-Huh?

tourman wrote:
> On Oct 3, 11:29 pm, "Bob La Londe" <nos...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> After spending about 20 minutes explaining to a lady yesterday how an alarm
>> system works she said,
>>
>> "I don't think we want the monitoring, but the cellular part sounds like a
>> good idea."
>>
>> Sigh!
>
> RHC: Have fun training them.....:))

"Okay, let me see if I got this."  She says after a painstakingly
detailed, key by key explanation of how to arm the system - and then she
goes on to randomly press approximately three times as many keys as you
had just demonstrated, two of them being on the telephone mounted about
a foot from the keypad.  Which is actually an improvement over the last
three attempts as this time there was no use of ANY of the buttons on
the dishwasher, AND she seems to now understand that it is not necessary
to start her car before trying to arm...

And then there's the 2AM phone call - "No ma'am, that's not the alarm
system, that's a car alarm outside."

"Are you sure, I never heard this sound before I had the alarm
installed.  Couldn't you just send someone out t be sure?  Oh... and
there's no charge for this, right?  I mean, after all, it's YOUR alarm..."