Re: Uh-Huh?

On Oct 4, 9:59=A0am, JoeRaisin <Joeraisin2...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> tourman wrote:
> > On Oct 3, 11:29 pm, "Bob La Londe" <nos...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> After spending about 20 minutes explaining to a lady yesterday how an =
alarm
> >> system works she said,
>
> >> "I don't think we want the monitoring, but the cellular part sounds li=
ke a
> >> good idea."
>
> >> Sigh!
>
> > RHC: Have fun training them.....:))
>
> "Okay, let me see if I got this." =A0She says after a painstakingly
> detailed, key by key explanation of how to arm the system - and then she
> goes on to randomly press approximately three times as many keys as you
> had just demonstrated, two of them being on the telephone mounted about
> a foot from the keypad. =A0Which is actually an improvement over the last
> three attempts as this time there was no use of ANY of the buttons on
> the dishwasher, AND she seems to now understand that it is not necessary
> to start her car before trying to arm...
>
> And then there's the 2AM phone call - "No ma'am, that's not the alarm
> system, that's a car alarm outside."
>
> "Are you sure, I never heard this sound before I had the alarm
> installed. =A0Couldn't you just send someone out t be sure? =A0Oh... and
> there's no charge for this, right? =A0I mean, after all, it's YOUR alarm.=
.."

RHC: Yup, you got it....hehehe.

Then there's the call...

Customer: "Your damn smoke detector is beeping; how do I stop it?"

Me: "No, the alarm smoke doesn't beep maam,  that's one of the house
smokes beeping because the backup battery needs to be changed"

Customer:" Well come change it then, that's included in your service
package isn't it"

I dunno, some people just shouldn't have an alarm system, period !!