Re: Foiling ??

"Robert L Bass" wrote:

> The foil is connected to the wiring using "foil blocks" which are little
> squares with screws and plates on top and adhesive on the back.  The usual
> technique is to make a tiny "Z" fold for expansion, run the foil up over the
> top of the block and fold it back again, then secure it with the plate and
> screw.  Finally the wiring is attached to the screw.  Not everyone uses the
> little "Z" fold first, but we found that if the block comes loose it's not
> as likely to break the foil when there's an extra 1/4" of foil there.

I was looking for a more definitive article on foiling for the benefit of the
OP and came across a site that sells foil and supplies.  It appears the stuff
they sell is probably aluminum.  I know nothing about this company so due
diligence, but here's the link:

http://www.alarmfoil.com/install.htm

--

Regards,