Re: How Does the New Health Care Reform Bill Affect Your Business ???

"petem" wrote:

> I work with laws everyday.. if you put you mind to it and have a minimum of
> reading skill you can understand those text easily..

There's nothing complicated about the text of the healthcare reform bill.  It's
mostly plain English.  There are, as with every bill, references to existing
statutes which the present bill will modify.  There are also cross-references to
other parts of the current bill.  But those make up only a tiny portion of the
text and they do *not*, as some would have you believe, secretly change the
overall intent or affect of the text.

The one amendment that has had a "surprise" affect on many of the people who
voted for the bill is the Hyde Amendment.  The proposed affect was to prohibit
using taxpayer dollars for abortions.  The *actual* affect is to all but
completely prohibit any insurance payments for abortion.  Needless to say, that
will be killed in committee.  One look at Leuck in that Spandex nighty he
prances around town in is proof enough that we *need* the option to abort.  :^)

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics