Re: Door Switches/ where buy ?

On Nov 23, 10:22=A0pm, aemeijers <aemeij...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> DerbyDad03 wrote:
> > On Nov 23, 9:24 pm, "James" <jnipper...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> I have a hard wired, simple, =A0Radio Shack alarm system. =A0It uses s=
mall
> >> spring-button switches that go into the frame of a door jamb. =A0You d=
rill a
> >> hole about 3/4 =A0of an inch or so, and install the switch in the hole=
.

> >> Radio Shack no longer makes alarm systems, and thus they don't sell th=
> >> switches. =A0 Can anyone recommend a place to buy them please ?
>
> >> Thanks for any advice on this.
>
> >> James
>
> > Look for a *real* electronics store in your area. Not a big box or
> > chain store, but a privately owned ma and pa shop.
>
> What city do you live in, that there still is such a thing as a ma and
> pa electronics shop? I haven't seen anything like that in about 25
> years. All the ones I shopped at as a kid either went belly up, or
> morphed into something else, and none have the rows of racks and back
> room full of parts like they used to. An independent alarm equipment
> dealer could fix OP right up, if they are willing to sell retail.
>
> Or look online- that is what actually replaced small local jobbers.
> Graingers, Digikey, or similar, probably carries it. MPJA.com is a good
> place to start, if you don't need commercial grade stuff.
>
> --
> aem sends...
> --
> aem sends...

re:"What city do you live in, that there still is such a thing as a ma
and pa electronics shop?"

Western NY, on the shores of one of our Great Lakes.

Never saw a ma, but there's definitely a pa - more than one in fact.

Rows of racks, a back room full of parts, and they'll order individual
parts if they don't have 'em in stock.

Maybe the OP could find such a store by searching here:

http://www.manta.com/