Re: Door Switches/ where buy ?

DerbyDad03 wrote:
> On Nov 23, 9:24 pm, "James" <jnipper...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I have a hard wired, simple,  Radio Shack alarm system.  It uses small
>> spring-button switches that go into the frame of a door jamb.  You drill a
>> hole about 3/4  of an inch or so, and install the switch in the hole.
>>
>> Radio Shack no longer makes alarm systems, and thus they don't sell the
>> switches.   Can anyone recommend a place to buy them please ?
>>
>> Thanks for any advice on this.
>>
>> James
>
> Look for a *real* electronics store in your area. Not a big box or
> chain store, but a privately owned ma and pa shop.

What city do you live in, that there still is such a thing as a ma and
pa electronics shop? I haven't seen anything like that in about 25
years. All the ones I shopped at as a kid either went belly up, or
morphed into something else, and none have the rows of racks and back
room full of parts like they used to. An independent alarm equipment
dealer could fix OP right up, if they are willing to sell retail.

Or look online- that is what actually replaced small local jobbers.
Graingers, Digikey, or similar, probably carries it. MPJA.com is a good
place to start, if you don't need commercial grade stuff.

--
aem sends...