Re: Gate Sensor?

CH®IS wrote:
> There is one complaint I've had regarding these gate contacts...
> changing seasons is not kind to them.
>
> Every six months or so we get calls from whereever we have these
> installed to come out and fix them.  Turns out that the gates and
> fences move so much that the contacts won't line up to the magnets
> anymore.  Eventually the fence post has dozens of extra holes in it.

I have used unistrut channel to mount the contacts. If adjustments are
necessary later, you can usually move the channel without re drilling. It
also gives you a more stable mounting surface for the contact and magnet,
and facillitates allignment.
http://www.unistrut.com/Browse/cat_detail.php?S=S02&P=P4100SL
--
js