Re: Another Government give away

"JoeRaisin" wrote:

> No issues with cell phones for women who are in
> danger and may need to call 911 from anywhere.
> Around here that's all those phones do.

Frankly, I don't mind if they are willing to provide cell service at a major
discount to people on AFDC, Medicaid, etc.  In many poor households phone
service is simply not attainable. If the choice is between groceries and a
phone, the phone loses out (unless someone's mind is really messed up).  But
people need to have a way to call for help and if they want to use it to call a
family member too, there's no harm.

> I always considered charity and common decency
> to be synonymous.

Well said.

--

Regards,