Re: Old subject new input Re RHC

On Nov 18, 9:07=A0am, "Kid" <k...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> you gotta be kidding. =A0there are companies that charge a discount rate =
for
> monitoring and they give free service? =A0whattabunchafreakinmorons. =A0t=
alk
> about shooting yourself in the foot. =A0takes all kinds, I guess.

RHC: No, I don't think anyone including the original poster said or
implied that those who discount severely also give "free" service. The
companies giving those $9.99 monthly rates ONLY give the basic
monitoring service for those prices. All other service of all kinds is
chargeable on top of that (including phoney up front "administrative
charges"),  AND it is usually done by subcontractors local to the
client who charge hefty service charges for service. In my case, I
come in at a medium level charge, but bundle service and warranty in
the rate. Is it "free"; not really, but certainly closer to it than
the the traditional "free" alarm system ever will be...:))

That's one thing I've noticed about our industry that is different
than some other industries. Our rate structures are "all over the map"
with service and warranty prices especially varying the most between
companies.