Re: Why Your Yugo Doesn't Perform Like a Cadillac

G. Morgan wrote:
> Bob La Londe wrote:
>
>> P.S.  I had a lady complain about my rates the other day until I explained
>> that while a plumber which she will gladly pay the same rate may have to
>> occasionally get his hands in shit, I have to have more knowledge about more
>> things including where his plumbing lines are likely to be in order to do my
>> job.  She never argued, and when I charged her for 2 hours instead of 2
>> hours and fifteen minutes she thanked me.
>
> I knew a guy many years ago @ Brinks who didn't know where anything was.  He
> drilled through a water line a flooded a customer's house once.  One time I
> was helping him on one of his jobs and he drilled right into some romex above
> a switch plate in front of me.  I told him he was done drilling and I'd do it
> but I needed a new 18" bit because this one was now melted.  We went out to
> his truck and I shit you not... all 3 of his other 18"ers had burn marks on
> them.

A friend had a cable installer hit power drilling through the floor.
Started a small fire, in fact.  Fortunately he lived right across the
street from the fire department...

Took months to get the repairs paid for as the (subcontractor) installer
and the cable company battled over who was responsible to cover the
damage...