Re: SURVEILLANCE

"G. Morgan" <usenet_abuse@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:b181eec2018914a974b5e8a39faa5657np@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> AlarmGuy wrote:
>
>>I have a customer that wants to be able to put a camera at their parent
>>house to check on him from time to time to make sure he is alright.  He
>>fell
>>the other day and nobody new anything was wrong for a couple of hours.
>>Does
>>anyone know of a camera that can be used that would work with just a land
>>line?  He does not have internet.  I know I can get an IP camera and cheap
>>dsl for them but thought I'd see if anyone knew of a camera that could be
>>used just over a phone line.  TIA
>

> That's a stupid fucking idea.  What, is this thing going to tie up the
> phone
> line every 15 minutes, every hour?  When is the poor sod going to be able
> use the phone without interruption?  Who's going to monitor the situation
> 24/7?

is that what you would say to a good customer who asked you a question.  if
so you wouldn't have many customers.
you use a computer and modem and dial in when you want to see the camera,
then you disconnect.  old tech, but it works for areas that don't have
internet.
nobody said anything about monitoring 24-7.

> Since you appear to be an asshole based on your responses to others I will
> make a suggestion (we assholes need to stick together):

seems to be alot of those around here.  or maybe just morons. ;)
[ except Nick.  ]