Re: SURVEILLANCE

AlarmGuy wrote:

>I have a customer that wants to be able to put a camera at their parent
>house to check on him from time to time to make sure he is alright.  He fell
>the other day and nobody new anything was wrong for a couple of hours.  Does
>anyone know of a camera that can be used that would work with just a land
>line?  He does not have internet.  I know I can get an IP camera and cheap
>dsl for them but thought I'd see if anyone knew of a camera that could be
>used just over a phone line.  TIA

That's a stupid fucking idea.  What, is this thing going to tie up the phone
line every 15 minutes, every hour?  When is the poor sod going to be able to
use the phone without interruption?  Who's going to monitor the situation
24/7?

Since you appear to be an asshole based on your responses to others I will
make a suggestion (we assholes need to stick together):

How about selling a "check in" button for the old man to wear?  It could be
just a fob that he has to press every hour, if the signal is missed at the CS
then a call will be made to the premises to check in on him.  If no answer is
received the relatives are notified and EMS is sent.  I imagine you could work
with your CS to customize the action based on the missing signal.  You would
need to disable it when he's not home, maybe instruct the CS to ignore
no-check-in alerts when the system is armed in away mode.

--

                                _
                              /'_/)