New installation. Help needed.

OK, here's my setup.  I posted here back in Feb when I was buying my new
Vista 20P setup.  I started installing it today.  Got the whole thing in
and hooked up.  I have a 6160 keypad and a 6150 by the back door.  Got
both of them addressed and working.

I have the 2-wire smoke det on zone 1
1 motion detector on zone 2 with a resistor across it at the detector
terminals
1 motion det on zone 3 same setup
Front door mag switch on zone 4 with the resistor in the panel
Back door mag switch on zone 5 with the resistor in the panel
Window switch on zone 6, resistor in panel
garage door switch on zone 7, resistor in panel
zone 8 not being used, has a resistor in the panel

The whole thing powers up, but I get a fault 2, fault 3, fault 4 and
fault 6 in the screen on the 6160.  I can't figure why.  The motion
detector's LEDs light up when I walk thru the room.  The smoke
detector's green light is flashing every 5 seconds.

The 6150 is displaying 02, 03, 04, 06, FC and "not ready"

I have 2 wave2s connected, one in the garage and one in the hall.  Both
work fine.

I put the resistor across the 2 wires in the smoke detector.  Is that
where it goes?  The instructions are vague, look like they want me to
run 2 smoke detectors, but I only have 1.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I'm about ready to get hooked up
with a monitoring company now.