Napco 1484 dialer on VOIP

Trying to save the customer the cost of either replacing entire system, an Ademco-alert III wireless
with no internal dialer, or going to celluar transmitter, I have been struggling to get the existing Napco 1484 dialer to work.
I've already tried a new chip with "slow" transmission speeds ( it was originally fast) and it's still not completing the call.
It appears to be a load problem as it will complete the call if a handset is connected to listen in. Any help will be greatly appreciated.