Re: The auto contact

"JoeRaisin" wrote:

> To my mind it is part and parcel of selling.  If the person
> can't be bothered to put a little effort in creating his
> website, how much effort was put into vetting the products
> sold on that site?

I understand your thinking on this.  However, some folks are good at what they
acually do (say for example, installing and selecting alarm equipment) but
totally inept at writing HTML code.  I always prided myself on offering good
products but it took me a long time to learn how to build an online store
that's easy to shop and (I think) user friendly.

> My kid has friends who've dropped out of school who
> can create a better looking web page.

I don't doubt that.  I have nephiews who can code circles around me.  However,
they don't know squat about alarms and home automation.  One converse example
is my old nemisis, Mike.  He actually knew his stuff about alarms and could
put together a decent system.  He couldn't "sell" though because he came
across as an oaf in person and he had the Web design skills of an ape.  His
prices were competitive on most stuff though he subscribed to the "@#$*% you"
school of customer service.  :^)

> It is (IMHO) just like a person on another forum I participate
> on who tries to present an argument based on his level of
> education and intellect but his posts are rife with spelling
> errors and punctuation is practically non-existent.

People who rely on their "education level" as proof of the rightness of their
position in online debates usually turn out to be inerudite morons.

> Takes away from the credibility.
>
> Remember - you only have one chance to make a first
> impression.

That is true.

--

Regards,