Re: Securitron Unlatch

"Robert L Bass" <Sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:4OadnYou6Z7OVlXUnZ2dnUVZ_qHinZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> "Bob La Londe" <nospam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>I purchased a bunch of them on sale a couple years ago from ADI.
>>
>> A few of them worked, and when they worked they were awesome.
>> Unfortunately I have had several of them fail too.  Two out of the box
>> the dogs that press in the bolts just fell out.  Another jammed up in
>> service after about a month, and today I tried to use one to find both
>> dogs frozen in the unlatch position brand new oput of the box.  Pretty
>> sad.
>>
>> (Now I know why they were on sale.)
>>
>> I can not see me buying any more of them.  The hour and a half I waited
>> for a call back from their tech support people didn't help my attitude
>> either.
>
> Bob,
>
> I've sold lots of motorized "unlatch" modules and to date have not had one
> come back for warranty service.  We've had excellent support from
> Securitron whenever we needed it.  I don't know why you had such a
> negative experience. Perhaps it was a bad batch.

"I purchased a bunch of them on sale a couple years ago from ADI."

I think I purchased 8 or 10 of them.  I can think of four that have failed
out of that batch.  Might have been more because I had originally planned to
use them on my office also, but after the first couple failures I decided to
go another way on my office.  I know I have had several on the shelf for
about 2 years now.

I figured to stock up and use them as needed because they were a great
price.  I got a call back this morning that the second one I installed
yesterday failed sometime last night.  That would put them at 50% failure
rate out of that batch.

As to the ones that the dogs fell out of...  A Securitron tech admitted to
me they knew about that problem the last time I called them.  They claimed
one of their vendors did something wrong in a limited number, but I am
thinking this is a lemon product.  NO NOT JUST ONE.  While I have a
reputation of complaining here on ASA, I almost never post a negative
commentary after just one negative experience with a product or company, and
I didn't this time either.