Re: Securitron Unlatch

On Mar 23, 5:38=EF=BF=BDpm, "Bob La Londe" <nos...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> "Bob La Londe" <nos...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in messagenews:gq8var$n5e$1@aioe.=
org...

> >I purchased a bunch of them on sale a couple years ago from ADI.
>
> > A few of them worked, and when they worked they were awesome.
> > Unfortunately I have had several of them fail too. =EF=BF=BDTwo out of =
the box the
> > dogs that press in the bolts just fell out. =EF=BF=BDAnother jammed up =
in service
> > after about a month, and today I tried to use one to find both dogs fro=
zen
> > in the unlatch position brand new oput of the box. =EF=BF=BDPretty sad.
>
> > (Now I know why they were on sale.)
>
> > I can not see me buying any more of them. =EF=BF=BDThe hour and a half =
I waited
> > for a call back from their tech support people didn't help my attitude
> > either.
>
> That's an hour and a half I waited before I called them again, and finall=
> left the job site since obviously I was going to get no call back.

I don't wait for callbacks.

If they say they will call me back, first I just keep calling back for
about 5 minutes or so. Sometimes it's just a temporary backup of
calls. But even so, they mostly never get back to you or will call you
the next day or something.  If that doesn't work, I call back on the
main number and ask the operator to put me on hold on one of the techs
lines. That I was talking to a tech an got cut off. That I've got to
get back to the tech I was talking to so I don't have to go through
the whole story again. etc etc etc.  If she can't/wont, I call back
and ask for administrative office, like accounting or accounts
receiveables and make like I got put through to the wrong department
and ask either for a technicians extention number or ask if they will
put me on hold on that extension. Once you have an extension number
you can call back continuously until you slip in between the calls.
Short of that, I'll call and ask for marketing and complain like crazy
about how long I've been waiting and how I got disconnected and how
poorly it reflects on their product blah blah blah.

Or another thing I've done is find out how many numbers there are in
their extention numbers and just keep calling back puching in numbers
at random. You'd be surprised at who you can wind up talking to who
will get  you right through to someone.

I figure if they expect me to wait for them to never get back to me,
at least I can spend some productive time and more than likely get
through.

This is where that New York ....  state of mind comes in handy.