Re: House fire blamed on smoke detector

"westom" <westom1@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit dans le message de groupe de discussion
: 60582af5-9e5a-4a2f-874c-419320d5488a@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> On Mar 10, 10:08 am, "Petem" <petem...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I've seen dust burst in fire in Ham radio linear lamp amplifier, Small
>> fire
>> that never did any wrong, ...
>
>  Again, TVs running at tens of thousands of volts and that sometimes
> arced were chock full of dust AND routinely housed in wooden
> cabinets.  Did you see dust start the fire OR see something else start
> a fire that also burned dust?

The dust bursted in flame after arcing of RF power....

Most of those linear amp used a push pull configuration of 2 large tube...
the voltage on the top of the tube is almost always 600 volt dc or more ,
but the current is a lot more then what is in any TV..if you output 1000
watt RF at the last stage of amplification that mean that you have at least
2000 watt of power to produce it..  now at 1000 volt ,it mean 2 amp of
current.. if this arc, there is more then enough current to start a small
fire in the dust, but it clear itself in a few second cause dust dont burn
much... so there was a puff of smoke a flash of light  then all ways gone by
the time you look at the linear..