How much of a deterrent is a non-ADT/Brinks home security system? Options

Awwww     ...... Pshaw!!!!!   (blush)  Twern't nuffin!

But ........... ya know, after I wrote all that and pushed the send
button, I realized that I addressed the OP's post as if he were
considering having it installed by the Lick and Sticks ...... and
actually he's wanting to do it himself.

OH well, we'll see if he responds futher.

And Robert ............ I      K N O W     I can find at least a half
dozen of your posts that are at least twice as long. So don't think
you're going to get rid of the medal    THAT easy.