Re: System Sensor 2W-B

KingFish wrote:
> "Frank Olson" <use-the-email-links@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> Doug wrote:
>>> "Frank Olson" <use-the-email-links@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
>>> message

>>> Yappidy yap yap
>>>
>>> http://www.systemsensor.org/html/cd.html?page=2-wire&co=Honeywell%20Security%20(Ademco)&panel=VISTA%2020
>>>
>>> http://www.sdilink.com/pdf/SystemSensor/SystemSensorsmoke.pdf
>>>
>>> Doug
>>>

>> OK...  So the question remains...  why doesn't the panel manufacturer list
>> them as compatible?  IMO, I would only install those detectors the panel
>> manufacturer lists.
>
> because that Ademco manual was made years before the smokes were invented
> and manufactured.

And your point???  Every FIRE ALARM manufacturer I know of provides a
list of compatible smoke detectors.  The smoke detector manufacturer is
interested in selling...  smoke detectors...  and hopefully gets
included in that list.  How does a smoke detector manufacturer determine
whether-or-not his new "little gem" of technology is going to be
compatible with say... a Mircom 300 series panel, or an Ademco Vista 20?
  I somehow think the procedure involves a resubmittal (to UL) for
testing (which would also involve the panel manufacturer's engineering
department).  I haven't seen Ademco publish an updated list anywhere.
Seeing as how I'm taking on the responsibility of installing a system,
I'm also responsible for ensuring that the life safety devices connected
to it are, in fact, compatible.  Therefore, the panel manufacturer's
list is the one I go by.

I'll call up Honeywell later today and see if they've got an updated
compatiblity list.  I do happen to like the C2W's.  They are my smoke
detector of choice.