Re: Probable Scam - How?

"Robert L Bass" <Sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:l9-dneyMHr4egNTXnZ2dnUVZ_j-dnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> "jrbd99" wrote:
>>
>> This smells VERY fishy, but I can't figure out the scam (other than a
>> stolen credit card) if he pays in advance.
>
> The odds that this is a scam are around 99.9%, friend.  The card will pass
> OK and you will ship the merchandise.  The owner of the card can wait
> months before complaining that this was not an authorized sale.  When he
> does the credit card processor will immediately withdraw the funds
> directly from your bank and then send you a printed "chargeback" form.
> You will have no way to recover the funds since the products will already
> have left the country and the "buyer" is almost certainly not the owner of
> the credit card.

I used to use a second bank account and only accept wire transfers for out
of country shipments.  Still had some risks, but I would remove the funds
when cleared and deposit them in an accoun in a different bank.  Kind of a
pain, but my risk of loss was only the couple hundred I kept in that account
to keep it open.