Probable Scam - How?

I am a manufacturer's rep in the security industry (turnstile
products) and received a very generic email quote request for one of
our products.  I replied with some questions and he called with a very
thick African accent and informed me that these are shiping to Ghana.
Long-story short, I quoted him full price and within minutes he
accepted and said that he'll use his credit card to pay.  This was
after I made it clear that payment was due 10 business days PRIOR to
shipping.

This smells VERY fishy, but I can't figure out the scam (other than a
stolen credit card) if he pays in advance.

Any ideas?