Re: Brink's Home Security to go away by 2012

mleuck wrote:
> On Jun 27, 10:43 pm, Jim Rojas <jro...@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> mleuck wrote:
>>> I've never seen Brinks install 2 doors and a motion unless it was Tom
>>> Fowler's install :)
>> I guess that depends where you live. I have never seen a full perimeter
>> Brinks install here in Tampa. The majority of the houses here are
>> prewired for alarm by third party, Brinks comes in and slaps their crap
>> on the wall. Panel is loaded with wires that go to all the windows, but
>> never get tied in to the system. typical LED keypad, no motion, 3 doors
>> at best.
>>
>> Pathetic installation practices. You should see their hole-in-the-wall
>> Clearwater office. It makes my office look big...
>>
>> Jim Rojas
>
> Around here it's prewire and full perimeter installs, usually 2 keypads

 From what I have seen this is their game:

The home is already prewired, so they do their $99 lick and stick
install. Sure, for an extra $1000+, they will connect the rest of the
doors & windows, plus give you a smoke and a motion, etc.

The problem most people have with companies like Brinks, is that the
monthly rate never seems to go down, it always goes up. It is only when
you threaten to cancel your account, that's when the so called lower
cost deals magically appear. By that time, the customer finally figures
out that they have been duped all along, and shop elsewhere. That's
where companies like Nextalarm, safemart, Alarm Relay, etc. get their
takeover accounts from.

Jim Rojas