Re: FS: Fire Alarm Inventory

Jim Rojas wrote:
> Frank Olson wrote:
>> I'd be careful advertising all that stuff.  I just got a "request" for
>> 300 2W-BA's from some guy in California.  The guy even gave me three
>> credit card numbers to pay for them and instructed us to process the
>> card payments immediately so he could send FEDEX around to pick up the
>> stuff.  When I emailed him to advise that we only process orders of
>> this kind through Paypal, he cancelled.  :-(
>>
>> Since he was "kind" enough to provide a delivery address and phone
>> number, I thought I'd pass all that on to the RCMP who also just
>> emailed me that since he's working out of California, they've
>> forwarded everything on to the FBI.  "Knock-knock".  :-)
>

> Thanks for the warning Frank. I have been up to speed on those old scams
> for many years. I just forward them to the FBI when they come in. I had
> one guy in Brooklyn that tried it. From what I understand, he is serving
> 7-10 right now for credit card & mail fraud.
>
> Jim Rojas

Yeah...  and he more than likely had his trial within a month of his
arrest.

In Canada, it would have taken about a year and a half (to come to
trial).  His trial would have lasted about three weeks, and he would
have gotten a six month conditional sentence and been "credited" with
time served (in remand).  The legal system (in Canada) really sucks!!