Re: A Crying Shame

"Crash Gordon" wrote:
> Once could only imagine the press treating the Obamas or the Bidens in the
> same fashion.

One need not imagine.  During the entire campaign and every day since he won
the election in an electoral landslide, Obama has been under the microscope.
The problem is there isn't anything bad to report.  The man is a brilliant
speaker, a devout family man, a true patriot and an adroit politician.

> Have they ever even vetted Obama?...we'll never know will we.

It isn't the job of the press to vet a candidate.  The problem with lack of
vetting (and the national awareness of that term) came up with McCain's total
lack of vetting Sarah Palin.  Had he spent more than a few minutes studying
the Wasilla Hillbilly before naming her as his running mate he might have had
a real chance of winning the election.  Let's face it, the woman is an
inerudite moron and a vicious political hack with a shady past and a
none-too-bright future.

I truly hope she runs on the Republican ticket in 2012.  The Democratic party
could not hope for a better gift.