Re: BRINKS HOME SECURITY MAY HAVE DIRECT TIES WITH MADOFF

On Jul 1, 6:52=A0am, Jim Rojas <jro...@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> mleuck wrote:
> > Besides if you are a security company protection houses from burglars
> > how else are you going to advertise? "Brinks Security.....it's a
> > keypad......and.......a keypad.."
>
> I have done many ADT takeovers over the years. I noticed a trend that
> every zone was programmed as entry/exit, and a 30 second dialer delay in
> place...what the hell is up with that?
>
> Jim Rojas

RHC: That's likely there version of a false alarm prevention measure.
Rather than program cancel codes, they just make it so long until the
panel actually starts to send, that in most cases a false trip can be
cleared by the user. I have seen panels with a full minute programmed
in before the dialer starts to call....

The danger there is the client calls ADT and says false alarm, don't
dispatch etc. The operator says, we never got the signal. You know
where it's going after that....

With 8 million accounts, realistically, how could they do anything
but...? I've seen accounts with no test signal either probably for the
same reason - keep the extraneous signals down !!