Re: Can you link two motion sensor lights together wirelessly?

On Feb 16, 8:12=EF=BF=BDpm, DeanB <deanbrow...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Anyone make motion sensor flood lights (I'm looking for two 1000W
> lights) that can trip each other wirelessly, if either one of them
> senses motion?

The only way I can think to do that is using X10 outdoor motion/
floodlight devices.

You'd have to use them with a computer based automation controller
that had if/than capability because in any situation like this if you
tripped a second light with the first light ...... as soon as the
second light tripped it would turn on the first light in an endless
loop. The automation controller would allow you to program the "scene"
so that wouldn't happen. Also, I think those motion lights are only
good for 500watts.

If 1000 watts was essential, you'd have disconnect the exiting flood
light fixtures and use the motion light fixtures output to trip a
110VAC relay .... with that relay hooked to the 1000 watt lamp
fixture. Probably too elaborate a set up to be worth the effort.