Re: Ademco Vista 20p

On Feb 17, 4:19=A0pm, Jim Rojas <jro...@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Is your system programmed for 2 keypads?
>
> If not, just unplug the 6150, then connect the 6160 and make sure the
> keypad address is set at 16. If you are now able to get into
> programming, go to section 189 - 190 around there, and enable keypad
> address 17. I like to program the 6150 as address 17, this way your
> programming keypad can be hooked up anytime and it will work. As long as
> you address each keypad differently, it should work fine.
>
> Jim Rojas
>
> dwight wrote:
> > I can't access the program mode via the 6160 kp on my vista 20p
> > either by entering 4112+800 or *+# on power up.
>
> > My system was working fine until I installed a 6150rf kp in my garage
> > the other day. I thought I was installing a 6150 not the rf model. I
> > purchased a 6150 the box said 6150 but the label on the unit says
> > 6150rf.
>
> > Is there anything I can do to enter my program mode. I have also
> > disconneced the 6150rf and still cant enter the system.

Jim, I have already done what you have suggested with no
luck...everything in my system (including 3 5890I, 6160 and several HW
trans) was working fine until I installed the 6150rf which I
programmed as 17 instead of 30...that is what I think hosed my system.
Now I can't get into my system...is there a back door code?