Re: GE security decals

On Dec 12, 7:57=A0am, nick markowitz <nmarkow...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Dec 11, 10:22=A0pm, Effenpig1 <dirtyspicev...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > Mostly hacked versions of low end self-contained systems like the Sim=
on

> > I checked out the Lowes security selection. Wireless door contact,
> > wireless pir, and my favorite a door stop wedge alarm ( nice ). None
> > of the stuff even remotely resembled their actual wireless security
> > sensors. I guess this stuff is supposed to connect back to a little 4
> > button voice console. All in all, pretty shabby. They had a few
> > wireless camera/ receiver combos, they looked like the crap from those
> > Chinese CCTV sites. They also had yard signs. This stuff doesn't look
> > like it came from the security division, I don't think they share any
> > parts at all with the simon/concord/networx.
>
> > I still think it's pretty crappy of them.
>
> ADT does the same thing and has been doing it for years selling a low
> end DIY product =A0alarm and cctv

I think it shows a lack of respect for dealers of their professional
products.I putting their logo on stickers bound for the checkout lane
of home improvement stores is taking that lack of respect and support
to a whole new level.

I guess in reality the type of person who tries to prevent a burglary
with stickers alone isn't the type of person likely to become my
customer anyway, at least not until after they get robbed.

It just caught me by surprise to see alarm sticker with the GE logo in
the checkout line.