tourman wrote:
> On Aug 29, 10:36 am, "Doug" <n...@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> "tourman" <robercampb...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

>> On Aug 28, 11:46 pm, "Robert L Bass" <Sa...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:

>>> There's always the Sunshine Skyway bridge.
>> RHC: ??????...
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_bridge
>>
>> Doug
>
> RHC: Yes, I have been over it several times. No...I just didn't get
> what he meant (I guess I've been working too hard....something got
> lost in the translation...). I certainly hope he wasn't referring to
> suicide...if so, clearly a sardonic joke (I hope)

After witnessing the suffering of my own father I have to say that
society should allow medically assisted suicide.  On his last lucid day,
Dad managed to communicate that he was having a great deal of pain
simply breathing.  He could barely talk because he simply couldn't get
enough air.  The cancer had eaten away most of his lungs and the doctor
told us that what he had left was about the size of a 25 cent piece.  He
wrote that he would pay anything just to take a deep breath.  They
started administering morphine and he slipped into a coma.  He hung on
for another three days.  He never woke up.