Re: SURVEILLANCE

AlarmGuy wrote:
> I have a customer that wants to be able to put a camera at their parent
> house to check on him from time to time to make sure he is alright.  He fell
> the other day and nobody new anything was wrong for a couple of hours.  Does
> anyone know of a camera that can be used that would work with just a land
> line?  He does not have internet.  I know I can get an IP camera and cheap
> dsl for them but thought I'd see if anyone knew of a camera that could be
> used just over a phone line.  TIA

Are you planning to have this dialed and connected constantly?  Or will
the camera just know when something's wrong so it should dial in?  Or
will you have it answer the phone on incoming calls... er... oops,
that's not a good idea.

I think cheap DSL and a low-end IP PTZ cam are probably your best bet...
  or as Chris says, a "medical panic button keyfob".