Re: Looking for schematics for Fire-Lite MS-424A

JoeRaisin wrote:
> Patrick Finnegan wrote:
>> On Nov 26, 4:38 pm, nick markowitz <nmarkow...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>> If you are planning on doing actual electronic repairs to boards
>>> etc I strongly recomend against it as you would be violating UL
>>> label and leaving your self open to a major lawsuit should a board
>>> fail , board repairs should only be done by factory authorised
>>> repair person.
>>

>> These are for my own experimentation, so I don't really care if I
>> void UL approval, and I've actually repaired fire alarm systems for
>> a past job.  I am just hoping for something to help me out, so that
>> I don't have to spend as much time figuring out what's broken on
>> them.
>
> Others have spoken about the liability so I'll just speak to the sheer
> irresponibility of perfoming unauthorized repairs on a peice of
> life-safety equipment.
>
> Then again, for someone who is prone to trying to repair a board
> rather than replace it, my guess is you would more attentive to the
> money it would cost you rather than the lives you are risking.
>
> If a board has proper power applied and all the appropriate inputs but
> does not generate appropriate responses then the board is bad.  What
> more do you need to know?  Replace it.
>
> Or would you truly be comfortable looking into the eyes of someone who
> lost a loved one due to your cobble-job and telling them, "Well, it
> was cheaper to do it that way, and it seemed to work okay..."
>
> For fuck's sake, do the job right or get another job.

1. The man just wants schematics so that he can experiment on some old
boards.
2. He stated that he has been previously employed repairing fire alarm
systems.

He may be qualified to do board level repairs, or he may not. If he is,
he'll do it as well as anyone at the "factory". If he wants to assume
liability, how is that any skin off our noses?

--
js

A bird in the hand will bite you on the finger.