Re: Battery Load Testing

Jim wrote:
> On May 17, 3:26�pm, Joe <s...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Joe wrote:
>>> �what info does the old school tester give you for documentation?
>>
>> that's what I thought
>
> How can that be "proof" ?

ok, poor choice of words.  after all I'm just an alarm installer as u no
  who loves to point out how ignorant we are.  how about documentation

> If the meter gave  you a printed form from the reading it took with a
> "marker" identifiying the meter and somehow identifying the
> battery  ..... "That" might be considered proof. Anything other that
> that is ......... just a reading on a meter.

correct.  which is more than your method gives.  to answer your question
according to the $100 plastic box with alligator clips if a 4 Ah  falls
below 2.6 Ah it is bad.  if a 7 Ah falls below 4.55 Ah it is bad.    it
takes less than a minute and if it's wrong I can blame the manufacturer.
  not some box I made.  As for changing readings, not that I would, but
if anyone were to falsify the data I'm sure they would just say the
battery was bad so they could sell another battery which would in no way
jeopardize the operation of the system.  I'm also pretty sure that your
method is acceptable for testing batteries.  I just needed something for
the AHJ that was industry wide acceptable and gave me a reading that I
could 'document'.