Re: Alegro question...

On May 6, 9:17=A0pm, Frank Olson
<use_the_email_li...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Mark Leuck wrote:
> > Sort of, if you rip the console off the wall when it's armed it will
> > send a signal
>
> Oh? =A0It *might* have time to pick up the line. =A0It *might* have time t=
> dial a couple of digits. =A0It *might* actually have time enough to hear
> the tone from the CS receiver, but I doubt seriously that it would have
> time to transmit any useful information.

I have actually seen this happen,  We had several businesses in a
strip mall that had been broken in to.  The burglar would pull the
units off the wall and disconnect the batteries.  Several of the
business had the "lick and stick" alarm panels that were defeated.  It
wasnt until the burglar got to a business that had a standard alarm
panel that a signal was actually sent.  We were able to take over
several accounts that day from customers who were impressed that our
keypads could be pulled off the wall and a signal would still go
through.

James