Re: Vista 20 and IR motion problem

"Nomen Nescio" <nobody@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:678193af82d7890f02035ceaf91e960e@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> You are giving two different ways to do this, one of which disarms the
> system automatically, and one of which only shunts the downstairs IR zones.
> The zone shunting version I think I'd need to see drawn out, I don't
> entirely follow that from your description.  However, I see one big problem
> with the automatic disarming version, if I understand you correctly:
>
> Burglar trips downstairs motion.  Alarm sounds.  Burglar heads upstairs,
> crossing the arm/disarm motion along the way, and disarms the system.
> Alarm stops.  Maybe even sends in a cancel signal.

Thanks.  As I said earlier, I may have left out a detail or two.  :^)

When the system is in an alarm state the motion near the top of the stairs is
shunted out by yet another relay.

> And if I understand this correctly, under normal conditions the system does
> not rearm itself when the user heads back upstairs.  That would be a
> drawback for a sleepy homeowner who heads downstairs at night, and remains
> unprotected from then on.

The button at eye level does that in one arrangement. The others had to rearm
at the bedroom keypad.  I considered auto-arming on motion in the stairwell
(i.e., when the homeowner ascends the stairs) but that would cause problems if
someone simply went upstairs while others were still downstairs during the
day.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass