Re: Tech Help May 2008

George Siegle wrote:
> You mean Brinks can sue us for the over 200 panels I have reprogrammed to
> our station.
>
> Your kidding right?
>
> It only takes about 5 min. to walk in and reprogram the systems eprom.
>
> What is the problem with that?

The customer does not own the equipment.  You are illegally converting
it.  Brinks can not only sue their customer for the balance of the
contract term, they can legally enter the premises and recover their
equipment.  They can then sue you for tortious interference.  We've
taken over about forty Brinks installs.  In all cases, we've removed
"their" equipment and boxed it neatly for pick-up from the customer's
premises.  The customer is advised to contact Brinks to arrange for this
and everyone one has done this (even to the extent of leaving multiple
messages with their service department).  Brinks has never sent anyone
around.  One of my customers has been waiting for four years.  Mind you,
this is the same customer whose system was never properly programmed to
begin with.  A motion sensor, smoke alarm, and three door contacts were
never set up.  That left the customer with one functioning motion sensor
and two door contacts in a 2400 square foot house with no fire
protection.  Brinks sucks!