Re: Locked Out by Vendor

Long ago communicators were a separate component of the security system.
Now that it is all inclusive, their statement is outdated and not true.
If the dealer was to remove his "communicator", he would be leaving you
will no system at all, this is grounds for a lawsuit. In some states, it
is illegal for dealers to withhold access to your system after your
contract has been fulfilled.

Their contract should have been worded that the information contained in
the communicator belongs to them, which it does. All they need to do is
remove the information. This usually means a seervice charge of somekind.

Do not allow them to remove the main board. It is your property.

Jim Rojas