Re: Need help on Wireless Security Camera Surveillance for home use IP camera

14338b82@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> > Was looking at Axis 207W camera - I see there others but they do not
> > have such great reviews or may not be in my price range <$400. Do not
> > care if color or BW.
>
> > A few questions, see *. Thanks in advance
>
> > Am a homeowner who desires 1 wireless camera with built-in web server
> > to monitor an area for motion. I have a small dog but that is fine,
> > can point camera higher.
>
> > Goal-in case of break-in:
>
> > I want the wireless camera to come on due to motion detect and just
> > take a few pictures. No video necessary actually. Need to ensure
> > motion is detected from a reasonable range-no less than 10 feet.
>
> > Desire camera to send pictures wirelessly to PC or through some
> > software (help me out please) where it will automatically be uploaded
> > via FTP to a website of my own or wherever (not PC in case stolen).
> > And or send pics to =A0an email address..not sure how it sends via
> > email--hope it uses a background process in camera/IP software as
> > opposed to PC software.
>
> > Would like to know how this is normally accomplished, size of
> > emails??
> > **Comments on FTP, emails/email size?
>
> > (*Also need to ensure that camera does not lose its IP address often
> > or connectivity or functionality.
> > Will be on DHCP and not static IP, but will flow through Linksys
> > router.
>
> > **Might desire to unplug camera or turn off when I am home so it does
> > not record my movements. But want it to reconnect when plugged back in
> > with out having to re-init via PC.
>
> > Thanks for some help on this or recommendations for the budget minded
> > consumer to accomplish this.
>
> > Thanks
> > Patty- Hide quoted text -

Thanks Kees.
Could not look as I did not have admin rights nor Active X component
installed. But that is fine. Is that the same Axis camera I mentioned
above. DO you turn it off from the PC or just unplug it?

Also do not want it to register my dog (18 inches high) so I would
have to tweak the motion and frame settings I am told from the support
people at Axis. Guess there are several zones.

I may put  it on a remote controlled on/off power switch to electrical
outlet.
Guess I need to set up a static IP as well. Have not gotten camera yet
though.

Thanks for any additional info or comments
Sincerely
Patty