Re: Vista 15P Wiring

Robert L Bass wrote:
>> Mark Leuck wrote:
>>
>>> I hope he's not expecting actual "help" from an idiot that thinks
>>> there's a 24 volt version of the Vista 128.
>>
>> Or the idiot who thinks the Allegro has an integrated dialer
>
> He's wrong about the Vista-128.  It is indeed available in a 24 Volt
> model. Here's a link to a page describing the unit:
> <snip>
> There are 52 of them in stock.
>
> There are several kits available which include the 24-Volt panel which
> actually cost less than the panel only.  For example, the
> V128FBP-PAK2 consists of a 24-Volt Vista-128FBP, a 6160CR commercial
> fire keypad and a 5140DLM dialer module.  This kit retails for $624.
> Here's a link to the kit:
> <snip>

And if you want proof that burglars avoid "Alarm Farce protected homes",
please feel free to visit *their* website.

You're so full of yourself, it's amazing.  Why not RTFM, Bass
(specifically page 3-4)?  The Vista 128 is a 12 volt panel.  The 128-24
incorporates a 24 volt power supply module (called a PS-24) that
converts the NAC circuits to 24 volt DC outputs.  There is no "24 volt
version" of the panel.  You can purchase the module separately and
install it on *any* 128FB to accomplish the exact same thing.  You're an
idiot, Bass.  You've obviously never seen one, sold one, installed one,
or provided technical support on one and *this* proves it.

Page 3-29 details the connection requirements of the PS-24.  Page 3-30
tells you SPECIFICALLY how to hook up the batteries.  GASP!!  There's a
12 volt battery to power the 128FB and a 24 volt battery to power the
notification appliances...  Gee...  That must mean that the Vista 128 is
a 12 volt panel...

While we've got the manual open, why not go to page 3-8 where it lists
the compatible two wire smoke detectors approved by UL.  Do you see the
Napco Firewolf two wire smoke detector there anywhere?  So much for your
"expertise" in fire alarm.