Re: Vista 20 and IR motion problem

Robert L Bass wrote:

> Actually, no.  It's not a forum at all.

You're an idiot, Bass (and this is not a flame).

"Forum"

n. [Usenet, GEnie, CI$; pl. `fora' or `forums'] Any discussion group
accessible through a dial-in BBS, a mailing list, or a newsgroup (see
the network). A forum functions much like a bulletin board; users submit
postings for all to read and discussion ensues. Contrast real-time chat
via talk mode or point-to-point personal email.

Source:  http://www.dictionary.com

> It's an ALT newsgroup where a
> number of people in the alarm industry as well as people who use alarms
> post questions, answers, opinions, jokes and flames.

It's a "forum", dummo.

> Regardless what
> the person who started the newsgroup had in mind, it is what it is.

I suppose so.  It's still a "forum" though.  Messages from DIYer's
comprise a very small percentage of the posts here.

> That said, questions from end users and DIYers are perfectly legitimate
> and deserving of answers. The problem is that a number of people like
> the above individual spend more time posting drivel than anything useful.

I couldn't have said it better, Bass.  I've seen you post a hell of a
lot of "drivel".  Reams of useless HTML codes, pages and pages of links
to your kludge site, and totally incorrect answers (sold any more "24
volt versions" of the Vista 128??).   What a Putz.