Re: Pull Station Height

"Crash Gordon" wrote:

> Sometimes this ADA stuff is really dumb...there's a Home Depot nearby that
> has 22 freekin' handicapped parking spaces...22?!! Do that many handicapped
> folks really drive to Home Depot with their 'Vettes to pickup 2 tons of
> concrete??? I ask you!

A commercial client of ours in CT was a private sports club.  They had indoor
and outdoor tennis courts, swimming pools and lots of other good stuff.  One
day they were notified by an attorney representing a handicapped person in the
town who never even inquired about membership that they intended to file an
ADA suit against the club because there was no wheelchair access to the second
floor hand-ball court.

I might understand if the complainant was a member or had at least considered
membership that he might want to have access to the entire facility.  However,
the handball courts had no spectator seating.  I believe that handicapped
people should enjoy all of the opportunities that more fortunate folks do but
handball?  I figured the complainant just wanted to hold them up.  Sure
enough, before it came to court the attorney offered to settle for some
outrageous amount and drop the action entirely.  The club owner smelled a rat
so he said, "No let's go to court."  He lost.  :(

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics