Re: Keypad says "check"- can't figure out what's wrong

When I open Compass for zones 1-8 on a Vista 250FBP it only has two choices
for input type. Hardwired and not used. The other zones have more choices.
It is not until you populate the RF section with an RF device that the other
choices for Input Type show up. However there are still no polling loop
options. Most times a Vista 128 or 250 FBP is used for a fire job. Not the
place you typically put a wireless receiver. Over time you get used to
seeing only those two choices, especially when the other Vista panels don't
support wireless on 1-8. However it is true those other Vista models you
mention do support RF on 1-8, just not all Vista models do.
Why would you pick Vista for large jobs? Don't you get frustrated by the
128ma limit on the polling loop? Having to put in those goofy boosters (that
often don't help). Parsing out the silly relay schema does bug you? Not even
Honeywell seems to like the 250. They always warn you about the max zone
limit being well below 250 zones. Have you ever put over 150 zones on a 250?
It can take 7 seconds or longer just to recognize a zone trip. Most times I
see them on truck slammer fire alarm installations in an apartment complex
(because it's the cheapest solution and easy to get). You wouldn't do that
to your customers, would you? Tell me you use a real fire panel for fire
jobs.