Re: Nick update 2#

nick markowitz wrote:
> I found a good young  concintious man who has minor electronics background
> running
> things for me and handling service calls etc and a handful of electrical
> contractors etc  I work with all the time helping   me keep going and so far
> so good .
> I have several small installs waiting till I am back up  on my feet
> hopefully all will work out in the end.
>
> In the mean one of the contractors who was suppose to help me out and did
> nothing but fuck me  by not showing up  on jobs etc and screwing upthe
> wiring etc which I had to end up redoing. Calls me the day before surgery
> crying on my shoulder he needed me to give him small cash jobs  and he would
> run around with me and do service calls etc.because he  not worked all month
> do to personnel problems he was having.
> SOB caused me to loose $10k  and now wants back now that i got things moving
> again .
> nice fucking guy where the fuck were you bill when i had all ths jobs lined
> up and all you  did was fuck around.
> now he is all mad becuse i went into surgery and did not get him work the
> nerve of some people

Some people just can't work by themselves.  Some are good at what they
do, but couldn't schedule themselves or interact with other people (or
customers).  I don't know Bill but it sounds like he might know the job
and how to do it, but just can't work on his own or be trusted to deal
with customer service issues.  When we team guys up on an installation
we strive to ensure they share all the responsibilities (from layout,
figuring wire runs, termination, programming, and customer interaction).
  It's pretty easy to determine where an individual's strong points are.
  From there it's his willingness to listen and work on the weak ones
that determine his ultimate suitability for long term
employment/advancement.  Then again, some people are simply too set in
their ways (or have picked up bad habits/installation practices that
they can't or won't deal with).  Those guys are pretty easy to spot from
their resumes.

I wish you all the best, Nick.  Hang in there.  Don't get discouraged.