Re: Brinks Home Security Pays Off The Better Business Bureau

A company as large as Brinks resorting to taking on authorized dealers
must be in a huge financial worry. Think about all the problems
associated with these type of individuals.

I am not saying there is anything wrong with it. It's just that Brinks
is too set in their ways to make this a viable option.

I have heard the horror stories from a few authorized dealers out there.
Everything from no funding to holdbacks and chargebacks due to customers
inability to pay many months down the line. Let's face it. The customer
passes credit, pays the install fee, etc. Why should the dealer then be
held responsible for the customer paying for whatever time limit Brinks
sets? It is ridiculous. Then by contract the dealer is forbidden to
salvage the deal or even take the customer back and keep it an in house
account. After the chargeback, Brinks is then free to sign the customer
back up at a lower rate...Watch your ass authorized dealers. Tactics
like this will bankrupt you in no time.

I do think that alarm contract law needs to be changed. Customers that
don't realize that they don't own Brinks equipment is totally
unacceptable. Plain english law and larger fonts must be used. Portions
in the contract like equipment ownership issues should be initialed by
all parties to make the contract valid.

I have heard that in some countries that it is illegal for companies
like Brinks to hide this fact concerning equipment ownership in
microprint, or it is illegal for lease only systems for residential
customers, since the overall equipment has little, to no value at the
end of the contract. It is one thing to lease only a system as long as
no service calls are charged. But to charge a high monthly rate, then
charge a high service call rate is nothing short of extortion. Does
anyone have any information or opinions regarding this?

Jim Rojas

Jim Rojas