Re: Consumer Complaints About Brinks Home Security

Anonymous Sender wrote:
> D. of Kanasas City MO (03/17/08)
>
> Long story short, I decided to purchase a home security system with Brinks. I could not have a credit score of 570 or lower or else they couldn't help me. I knew I was well higher than that report since I check on my credit report all the time. But to my surprise he gave all my information to someone on the telephone and then said, after they ran my credit report, that my score was well under 570 and I would need a $300.00 security deposit. The consultant kept asking me, will you pay it? I get my credit report score each month from the three credit reporting agencies and was confident I would have no problem. I went to my files to show the consultant, this is my score of just last month way past 570, he wasn't sure what the problem was but would check on it. I never heard back. Beware of the schemes of BRINKS, after he saw my score papers he packed up and left not sure what to say next. KEEP AN EYE ON YOUR CREDIT REPORT.
>
> http://www.consumeraffairs.com/homeowners/brinks.html
>
> Reese

Banks and various credit reporting agencies don't all use the same
software.  I just read an article in my local paper that says that there
are several different programs that do "credit scoring" out there and
that they may not come up with the same numbers because they calculate
the criteria differently.  The numbers don't carry the same "weight"
from agency to agency either.  If you score "high" in one bank's system,
you might score "lower" in another's but still qualify for their best rates.

--
Frank Olson
http://www.yoursecuritysource.com

"It only implies that I don't sit back and let you post more false
accusations without responding." -  Robert L. Bass